Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I've been writing a lot of blog posts lately, but they haven't made it out of my head and onto the computer.

I've had a horrible cough for a couple of weeks, and I went to the doctor on Monday morning. The appointment was made before I got the cough, but the subject of the cough did come up.

(To be clear, this cough sounds horrible, but isn't contagious.)

I got the proper medication, and the cough was getting better.

You see, I apparently have mild asthma, which tends to get worse when I exercise.

This annoys me. (Nothing is allowed to interfere with boxing, you know.) Anyway, since my problem is mostly with exercise, my doctor changed one of my inhalers. I picked it up on Monday, and the pharmacist explained how to use it and explained that it can result in a little coughing.

Tuesdays I don't usually go to the gym, so today was my first chance to use it.

I used the inhaler, and after a few minutes all was well. I got on the bike.

About ten minutes later, I started coughing.

And coughing.

And coughing.

People started looking at me in concern - not for me so much as concern that they might get whatever I had.

And I coughed.

Eventually I finished my workout and left (still coughing). It's four hours later and I still feel more congested than I did before I went to the gym.

Apparently, when a pharmacist warns you there might be a little coughing, you should believe her.

2 comments:

  1. I had horrible bronchitis since the end of January, just finally getting better this week. I'd cough and cough and lost a lot of sleep. But apparently it was just a virus and need a loooooong time (8 weeks) to turn around in my system. Hope it's just a virus for you too, and not asthma...that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're feeling better. For me, it was mostly a sinus issue. I feel much better now, but it was pretty awful at the time.

    ReplyDelete