Except the monitor I moved was completely black. I fiddled with the plug and finally realized I'd hit the power button while moving it. I turned it in and opened my email.
My password didn't work. I tried a few times before realizing that my email domain was wrong. I fixed it and logged in.
Before doing too much, I decided to open a ticket with the help desk for my mouse problem. I opened the ticket and then locked my screen to go get some water.
When I got back, my password didn't work. I tried it a few times, checked to make sure caps lock wasn't on, and tried again. It still didn't work.
I went over to talk to someone in IT, who pointed out that my keyboard had probably changed from multi-lingual to another language. I did the control- shift thing that switches keyboard mapping schemes and logged in.
I had an email from IT about my mouse problem suggesting that I plug the mouse into the laptop instead of the docking station. I decided to do it immediately, so I unplugged the mouse.
The mouse cord was tangled with the other computer cords, but I managed to get it untangled. I sat down again, plugged the mouse in, and realized my computer was dead.
After more investigation, I realized that the power cord for my laptop docking station had come unplugged while I was untangling the mouse cord. I plugged it back in and rebooted the computer.
My mouse didn't work. I unplugged it and plugged it in again.
I opened my email. My password didn't work because the domain had switched again. I fixed that and logged int.
An hour after I got to work, I was ready to actually work. Naturally, I had to go to a meeting.