Thursday, August 13, 2015

A quick trip

Last Friday, I flew back to Saskatchewan to see the dog, who is quite sick (albeit finally getting a little better). People can travel to see me, but she can't, so off I went.

When I got there, she was at the vet. I went to pick her up, and she was happy to see me. (I like to believe she was happier than she would have been to see anyone else, but that's probably not true.)

Of course, I got to see a lot of people, too. On Saturday I helped two of my sisters build a bed, and then we went to see some family friends.

My sister's mattress + box spring mean the bed is level with the shelf

On Sunday, we met up with some cousins at the lake. (I scraped my knee getting into the boat, and it promptly got infected, so I've been treating it twice a day ever since.)

On Monday, I helped mom look for railings for her steps, went for lunch with my mom, sisters, and niece, and got together with a friend for a walk by the lake.

Tuesday we decided to have an appetizer supper, so mom, B, and I spent the afternoon making appetizers. Yay for pear/brie/prosciutto appetizers!

Yesterday I flew back, just in time to enjoy the loud taxi strike at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment