Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Why I'm not here

Back in June. I came up with a great idea for a Christmas gift I could make. I bought materials and, after my company left in July, got right to work.

I've been working on it ever since, and ... it's getting there, but it's not done yet.

The problem with projects like this is that I get overly ambitious, and not only do I want to do the first project, but whenever I see a project that is easier, I think "oh, I could totally do that". And the. I start the second (easy) project, and the first project sits, and then the whole cycle repeats itself.

So no, I'm not done, although I did do two easy projects tonight.




I love that fabric.

Anyway, so I have tons of projects on the go, which naturally means that I've been more sociable than usual lately. In the last week, I've gone to book club, Pathfinders, boxing, lunch with old friends, lunch with current coworkers, and a trivia night that was a fundraiser for local Ranger group, who are planning a trip to Europe. (Next trivia fundraiser is Feb. 8 - I definitely recommend it.)

Oh yeah, I also should figure out if the dishwasher is fixable or whether it really is trying to become a floor washer.

And I want to put the tree up this weekend.

Yes, I work well when I have a deadline - can you tell?


1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! And best wishes for that floor washing dishwasher. Hope it's fixable. New ones are costly.

    ReplyDelete