Monday, August 23, 2010

My problem with e-mail

Lately, I have a problem with e-mail.

Specifically, I'm good at reading e-mail. I'm just really, really bad at replying to e-mail. I'll read an e-mail, hit reply, and let it sit there for five or six days before I actually hit send.

Sometimes, I'll even mark the message unread so that I don't forget to reply to it, which means that I have unread e-mail in my inbox for days on end.

Browser windows are the same way - I'll open up a tab that requires action on my part (for example, a job I want to apply for) and ... it'll sit there for a week.

Maybe I need to start the anti-procrastination project up again.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one who kept emails unread until I did something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, you are definitely not the only one. At work, I actually have my e-mail set up to not mark a message as read automatically. (This is mostly because we have shared mailboxes.)

    ReplyDelete