Wednesday, March 9, 2022

It's spring!

 This past weekend, I woke up to the birds chattering outside my window. I never notice when they leave, but I always notice when they return. 

My Pathfinders meet in the back yard, and I left a metal pail on the fire table. Last week, it was almost entirely covered in snow. This week, there's snow under it but none around it. 

Spring is here.

Next week is March Break. I was supposed to take a group of Pathfinders and Rangers to Yellowknife, but we can't travel yet. Instead, I'm going to Quebec City for the weekend and then working as usual. It'll be my first trip since COVID (if you don't count last summer's cottage visit). It'll be different - we'll probably buy food and eat in our hotel rooms, and spend most of our time outdoors. I think it'll be fun, nonetheless.

Our Yellowknife trip is now scheduled for the summer, and we're starting to talk about another trip with a different group of kids in 2024. 

All of the events that were supposed to happen in 2020 or 2021 seem to be landing this summer, so it will be a busy one. 

And since the gazebo wasn't finished until November, I also have a lot of gardening/rearranging to do. 

It'll be a busy year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment