Saturday, July 26, 2008

If it's Saturday, this must be Johannesburg

Well, I'm still tired but I think I got about 6 hours of sleep on the flight here, so I'm very happy with that.

When I checked in in Ottawa, I only checked my bag through to Johannesburg. That means that when I got here, I went through customs in South Africa, picked up my suitcase, took it to the check in counter, went back through customs & security, and re-entered the secure area. Hopefully this will mean that my bag will make it to Botswana this time. At least I know it made it this far.

One more flight to go, but it's not for another 4 hours. It's almost 5 a.m. in Ottawa, 11 a.m. here. I get to Botswana (assuming all is on schedule) at 4 p.m. local time (10 a.m. Ottawa time). That's 44 hours from the time I left for the airport.

Since I've been to Botswana before & I'm staying at the same hotel, I've been dreaming about the comfortable beds since the first flight.

Editted to add:
In Botswana now. Our flight got postponed until after the next flight, then we all got merged into one. Very rough landing, we were all glad the plan actually stopped. Our luggage is not here (probably in Johannesburg) and our ride didn't meet us (because our original flight never showed up). We ended up accepting a "taxi" ride from someone who works for the airline. In the hotel room now, so I'm happy.

Don't forget the contest! I'm enjoying the suggestions so far, and I will probably start using some of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment