Sunday, May 8, 2011

Because I don't have enough electronic devices

I was initially hesitant to move to an e-reader, mostly because I don't really buy books. I do buy some books, but mostly I borrow them from friends, family, or the library.

That was before I realized that you can borrow library books electronically. That's right, you can borrow library books without having to take them back after you've read them.

I don't mind going to get books, but I hate having to return them.

This week, I used some birthday money from my mom to buy myself a Kobo. I've read two books since I got it on Thursday.

Luckily for me, Wanda has had a Kobo since last fall, so she's been able to fill me in on how to use it.

It's a bit of an adjustment - I still turn the page too quickly sometimes, and it takes a while to power on. On the other hand, I never have to worry about losing my page, and traveling will no longer involve me cramming books into an overstuffed suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment